To work out of Rugby Australia, Moore Park
Rugby Australia (Rugby AU) the governing body of Rugby Union in Australia, is looking for a strong Manager, National Competitions to work in the Events & Operations Department. Reporting to the General Manager, Events & Operations, this role is responsible for the strategic planning, stakeholder management and operational delivery of Rugby Australia’s national competitions. The role will play the major role in coordinating an internal project team to deliver quality competitions and events to enable on field performance outcomes, maximize their commercial value and enable Rugby Australia’s, the teams’ and the competition brands to be promoted, engaged with and grown.
- Be involved in strategic development and planning of the Super Rugby competition under the management of the GM Professional Rugby Services and engaging with other internal and external leads
- Project lead the planning and delivery of the NRC, Aon University Sevens Series and Super-W, with a key focus on the overall delivery of the competition/s. Plans would include:
- Working with the media and marketing team to provide support and input regarding promotional initiatives that broaden awareness, engagement & attendance at the NRC, Aon Sevens & Super-W
- Working closely with the Rugby AU Head of Marketing and team to ensure consistency with broader Rugby AU Marketing Strategy
- Supporting the Rugby AU Partnerships Team in the delivery of the NRC, Aon 7s and Super W sponsor benefits
- Identifying and developing opportunities to increase the net financial value for the NRC, AON Sevens, Super-W
- Manage all elements of competition, administration and rugby operations
- Attend and manage all Aon Uni Sevens Series tournaments
- Attend NRC and Super-W matches, and tournaments as required
- Manage and deliver the NRC and Super-W finals matches
- Budget management - manage the NRC, AON University Sevens Series and Super-W competitions to fall within budget
- In conjunction with the High-Performance Department manage competition specific regulations for NRC, Aon University Sevens Series, Super-W applying to franchises, teams and players, monitor and, where appropriate, enforce these regulations
- When required, assist the High-Performance department regarding High-Performance agreements, Participation agreements and salary management
- Ensure regular contact between Rugby AU and the NRC, Aon University Sevens Series, Super-W clubs and external parties to ensure optimal competition servicing and stakeholder management
- Coordinate the review from stakeholders on service levels and commitment to achieving NRC, Aon University Sevens Series, Super-W objectives of High- Performance rugby outcomes, maximizing awareness and engagement, and ultimately commercialization
- Oversee the planning, management and delivery of all other national competitions conducted by Rugby AU and other stakeholders including but not limited to:
- Junior Gold Cup (U15s)
- Junior Rugby Championship (JRC) U16s
- U19 Rugby Championship (URC)
- Oceania U20 Championships
- Junior Wallabies matches
- National Youth 7s Championships
- Super A competition
- Super W Under 18s competition
- Other competitions and events that may arise.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Appropriate tertiary degree and/or relevant experience
- Experience in Event & Operational planning and delivery
- Strategic planning and implementation skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Dispute resolution skills and experience
- Project management experience
- Commercial acumen, including budget planning and management
- Leadership or management position in or outside sport
- Contracting and rugby knowledge and experience.
Due to the project nature of this role, flexibility of work hours will be required to ensure deadlines are met. Additionally, the role will involve work during non-business hours and interstate travel.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 25th October 2019.