Queensland Reds Head Coach
Queensland Reds Head Coach
The Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) is the governing body of Rugby Union in Queensland, and is responsible for leading the growth, sustainability, and success of Rugby Union in the state via a robust Strategic Plan in collaboration with Rugby Australia (AU). QRU are currently seeking an experienced and well credentialed Head Coach.
Reporting to The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Head Coach is responsible for achieving the Queensland Reds goal of creating and sustaining a winning, world renowned high-performance rugby program.
The purpose of the position is to lead and be accountable for the Queensland Reds on-field performance, as well as influence and support elite pathway programs to ensure sustained success.
The Head Coach is responsible for inspiring and engaging the Queensland Rugby community, supporting the growth and development of the game from grassroots to the professional level and will proactively promote the values of the QRU by supporting the wider business objectives through effective communication and management bringing all the key stakeholders together as a valued part of the Rugby community in Queensland.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Fostering a high-performance environment at the Queensland Reds
- Ensuring that the Queensland Reds program has a best practice focus
- Builds and upholds the team identity, values and behaviors
- Development and management of the Queensland Reds team guiding principles for on-field success
- Inspires individuals to constantly seek improvement
- Drives individual and collective performance accountability
- Coordinates and delivers consistent individual player feedback
- Plays an active role in developing player leadership
- Drives a culture of innovation and of challenging the status quo
- Ability to lead whilst delivering technical coaching
- Inspires collaboration and manages internal and external parties to support team performance
- Open to learning to enhance the Queensland Reds program and own professional advancement
- Ability to identify attributes of winners and leaders Ensures squad selection aligns with the principles for success
- Plays an active role in Queensland Reds talent identification and list management
- Ensures the Queensland Reds alignment to Queensland pathways sustains
- Leads through action
- Inspires the key Queensland Reds performance staff to excel in their roles
- Supports Queensland Reds staff in achieving their performance targets
- Builds relationships and develops a team culture amongst Queensland Reds coaching and support staff
- Commits to the organisations values, aligned messages and brand promotion
- Available to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of media
- Supports the QRU commercial department in collaboration with key partners
- Supports the QRU Game Development department to deliver on initiatives to grow Rugby in Queensland
- Encourages regular connection with Queensland clubs
- Sustained success of the Queensland Reds team
- Successful implementation of the Queensland Reds guiding principles for on field success
- Alignment to organisation’s strategic imperatives
- Recruitment, retention and development of quality players
- Proven success as a head coach at an elite level
- Outstanding technical and tactical coaching knowledge and skills
- Excellent understanding of the components that contribute to a high performing rugby program
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Adaptability and resilience
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, which will include weekends
- Work/Life balance
- Ability to travel - international and interstate
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Rachel.Buckling@rugby.com.au.
Applications close 6 June 2023.