Rebels Team Doctor
The Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union – The Rebels - are responsible for creating, developing and managing the growth of both amateur and professional Rugby Union in Victoria. We compete in national and international rugby competitions. We are a Club that values professionalism, commitment, hard work and love for each other.
We have an excellent part-time opportunity for a Team Doctor. (12-16 hours a week)
The role would report to the Head Physiotherapist, and are responsible for:
- Integrate medical expertise with other health care providers, including medical specialists, fitness staff and allied health professionals.
- Assume the responsibility within the team structure for making medical decisions that affect the players’ safe participation.
- Organise appointments for medical imaging services, specialist opinions and other medical investigations and deliver reports on outcomes on each case.
- Liaise and develop professional linkage with surgeons and leading medical professionals within Australia and overseas for the benefit of the playing list of the Club
- Comply with the regulations of the Club, Rugby Australia, WADA, ASADA and the Illicit Drug Policy; report any ethical concerns to club administrators, including suspicious or know doping activities and understand and advise on issues that impact player welfare, including the Illicit Drug Code.
The Key Duties are:
- Attendance at pre-season training sessions and medical meetings.
- Provide medical services during all home and away matches for the Club (or otherwise as agreed), including appropriate medical screening of players and attendance at three training sessions per week.
- Facilitate professional services such as surgery, imaging or other investigations and other medical items considered appropriate for a given case.
- Following each match, conduct a triage-style medical on all players
- Conduct a brief discussion and summary prior to the departure from the Match with the medical and conditioning staff and coach as required.
- Attend recovery sessions for up to one hour after each game.
Candidates must have:
- Demonstrated experience leading and implementing a medical program working with elite athletes and delivering high level preparation programs in high-performance sports.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and practising certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Personal Indemnity and Public Liability insurance
Why Choose the Melbourne Rebels:
- Fantastic culture of grounded people, passionate about what they do
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Travel Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities
- On site café
- Free access to onsite gym at the ICS High Performance Centre
- Free parking onsite
- Discounted Rebels memberships and merchandise
- Discounts from our sponsors
We are seeking an immediate start candidate where possible. Please submit your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Close: Friday 23 September 2022, 5:00pm.