Software Data Engineer
Rugby Australia, Moore Park
Rugby Australia is the sport's national governing body in Australia and is a member of World Rugby, Oceania Rugby and SANZAAR. We are responsible for the promotion and administration of Rugby throughout Australia.
Over the next 7 years, Rugby in Australia will enter a period of unprecedented opportunity to grow the game. Public interest in Rugby is set to explode, fuelled by a series of international Rugby events including 2022 Women’s Rugby World Cup, 2022 Commonwealth Games, 2023 Rugby World Cup, 2024 Olympics, 2025 British and Irish Lions Tour hosted in Australia, 2026 Commonwealth Games, 2027 Rugby World Cup hosted in Australia, 2028 Olympics and 2029 Women’s Rugby World Cup hosted in Australia.
The future for Rugby Australia is bright, and this is your opportunity to join the team.
About the Opportunity
Working in the Rugby Analytics team within the Rugby AU Technology Department, this role will develop, construct, test and maintain Rugby AU’s data analytics architecture and various integration points, identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality and acquire new data sets to augment Rugby AU’s analytics capabilities.
The successful candidate will also develop and deploy sophisticated analytics programs, enable machine learning and statistical methods, bring expertise, vision, and opinion on best solutions for solving complex business needs.
Minimum 2-3 years development experience, using some of the below technologies:
- .NET Core (C#)
- Visual Studio/VS Code
- AWS Services (Redshift, S3, Step functions, Lambda)
- Bit Bucket (or other Git based source control)
- Mongo DB Atlas
- Manage the data integrations and ETL workflows between Rugby AU’s systems and its data warehouse, which enables our analytics offering across the game.
- Deliver all software changes according to the software development standards used by Rugby AU. This includes, but is not limited to, software development, documentation, and testing.
- Administer Rugby Analytics data warehouse.
- Identify and communicate technical risks to projects and identify the appropriate time to escalate technical problems to management.
- Proactively communicates and update stakeholders with progress against agreed objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, written and visual.
- Ability to initiate, monitor and review projects and activities in line with team plans.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work proactively and unsupervised, with the drive and vigour to constantly strive for improvement.
- Keen interest and understanding of Rugby Union (desired).
If you feel this position is suited to your skills, experience, and career aspirations, please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Rachel.Buckling@rugby.com.au. Applications close Monday 11th July 2022.