Data Analyst – High Performance
Data Analyst – High Performance
Rugby Australia, Moore Park
Rugby Australia is the sport's national governing body in Australia and is a member of World Rugby, Oceania Rugby and SANZAAR. We are responsible for the promotion and administration of Rugby throughout Australia.
Over the next 7 years, Rugby in Australia will enter a period of unprecedented opportunity to grow the game. Public interest in Rugby is set to explode, fuelled by a series of international Rugby events including 2022 Women’s Rugby World Cup, 2022 Commonwealth Games, 2023 Rugby World Cup, 2024 Olympics, 2025 British and Irish Lions Tour hosted in Australia, 2026 Commonwealth Games, 2027 Rugby World Cup hosted in Australia, 2028 Olympics and 2029 Women’s Rugby World Cup hosted in Australia.
The future for Rugby Australia is bright, and this is your opportunity to join the team.
Are you a passionate member of the data community? Do you love sport?
Rugby Australia is looking to recruit a Data Analyst who is passionate about sport, to join the High-Performance Analytics program in Sydney. The successful candidate will be instrumental in driving a data-informed culture throughout the high-performance teams at Rugby Australia.
You will be responsible for leading the analysis and visualisation of data through all teams within the High-Performance department at Rugby Australia, servicing all national teams and programs (Wallabies, Wallaroos, 7s Olympics Teams, Super Rugby Teams). In this role, you will work in partnership with video analysts, sports scientists, and executives to understand requirements, create datasets and build engaging dashboards. You will coach team members in the benefits of interacting with datasets, advanced Tableau techniques, and foster a data-informed approach throughout the team.
Candidates should have extensive experience in cleaning, transforming, analysing, and presenting data. Candidates must exhibit an advanced knowledge of Tableau products and SQL, with demonstratable experience building robust, dashboards designed following data visualisation best practice.
Candidates should have a high level of professionalism, a drive to continuously develop themselves together with those around them and thrive within a hard-working, progressive, and motivating environment.
- Lead the analysis of Rugby Australia’s high performance data sets, providing insights to our teams.
- Design, build, publish, and maintain quality Tableau dashboards and data-sources as per requirements to facilitate easy access to actionable insight.
- Manage the high-performance reporting on our Tableau Online portal, which services multiple organisations in the Australian Rugby landscape.
- Coach team-members on advanced Tableau techniques, developing skills throughout the team.
- Work with teams to collect requirements on what data is captured, review current reporting, and assess how current workflows can be improved.
- Work with the RA Technology team to ensure data is flowing correctly through our various source systems into Rugby Australia’s data warehouse.
- Build new datasets to deliver against requirements, using advanced analytics techniques.
- Reconcile data between source systems and our data warehouse.
- Find insights, and present to stakeholders in a clear, concise manner.
- Extensive Tableau experience, with a strong understanding of data visualisation best practises – ideally Tableau Desktop Certified Associate
- Advanced proficiency and experience working with SQL (mandatory).
- Familiarity with data warehouse principles and technologies, in particular the AWS product suite.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and visual.
- Ability to initiate, monitor and review projects and activities in line with team plans.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work proactively and unsupervised, with the drive and vigour to constantly strive for improvement.
- Keen interest and understanding of Rugby Union is desirable.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Rachel.Buckling@rugby.com.au. Applications close Monday 11th July 2022.