Digital Content Producer / Videographer Rugby
Australia Moore Park
Rugby Australia (Rugby AU) the governing body of Rugby Union in Australia, is looking for an experienced Digital Content Producer / Videographer.
This role is a core creative role, key to supporting the presentation, cut-through and commercial growth of Rugby AU’s portfolio of brands that includes the Wallabies, Wallaroos, AU Sevens, Super Rugby Pacific and RugbyComAu.
As an aspiring creative, who’s energetic and obsessed about capturing and telling stories, heroing moments and personalities that brings fans of all sorts behind the curtain, this role will support and execute the development, production and publication of effective and engaging video and photo content across the RugbyAU digital ecosystem.
As a proactively energetic and insatiably curious multimedia creative with a strong understanding of digital and social media, the Digital Content Producer / Videographer is excited by the opportunity to work on some of Australia’s leading sports brands at the precipice of a forthcoming golden decade for Australian rugby that includes Men and Women’s World Cup’s, the Commonwealth and Olympic Games, a Lions tour, a regular stop in Sydney on the Sevens World Series Tour and an ever evolving and growing domestic calendar that include the Super Rugby Pacific and Super W competitions.
Key Areas of Responsibility / Outcomes
Content Plan Delivery - Production & Delivery
- Support the delivery of annual, monthly, and weekly content plans that seeks to grow relevance, educate, entertain, inform, and commercialise our digital / social media communities.
- Drive and support ideation and production of multimedia content, ensuring consistency and alignment in brand presentation.
- Pitch, create and repurpose engaging, high-quality multimedia content for Rugby AU’s digital platforms that is considerate of the channel’s role, its audience and the objective of each brief including but not limited to:
- Branded content for partners, behind the scenes, documentary, interviews, highlights and VNR packages, in-stadium / event presentation, advertising campaigns, live video publishing, partner promotions and internal video campaigns
- Manage and deliver game-day content and publishing plans for respective events including but not limited to – The Rugby Championship, Bledisloe Cup, The Rugby World Cup, World Rugby Sevens Series, O’Reilly Cup, Super Rugby Pacific, and Super W.
- Manage and maintain multimedia briefing processes, standards, and guidelines for the business in collaboration with the respective stakeholders to ensure efficiency and consistency in content delivery.
- Work with key internal and external teams to pitch best practice and on-trend ideas for content and storytelling opportunities.
- Work with internal and external media distribution partners including Broadcast and third-party publishers to extend and amplify our reach and relevancy.
- Collaborate with other content creators by driving and managing influencer initiatives and opportunities.
Content Optimisation & Reporting
- Stay abreast of current industry trends and channel / platform evolutions to present new ideas to enhance the current content strategy to increase interest and engagement with respective brands.
- Approaches content with a non-one-size-fits-all lens - strategically considerate in production and the distribution of content across multiple platforms to leverage and capitalise on the nuances of different channels and their audiences and behaviours.
- Work with Content team to report on plans, calendars and tracking of activity against pre-determined KPIs.
- Support the development and management of workflow and content delivery processes for requesting, creating, publishing, and reporting on video content activity
- Assist in managing and maintaining the RugbyAU Digital Assets Management platform by uploading and tagging new content for efficient and effective access.
- Support the search, clipping and delivery of key archival footage request.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Strong knowledge and working experience with a variety of camera platforms and post-production software.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in content production – preferably in sport. Knowledge and passion for rugby is a plus.
- Strong track record and demonstrated experience in creative storytelling and delivering impact and growth across digital communities including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Email Databases.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of digital marketing best practice.
- Ability to lead in an environment with multiple stakeholders, including senior colleagues.
- A reliable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with peers in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organisational, production, and project management skills, and the ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organised and timely fashion.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail – capable of delivering accuracy and success within timeframes.
- Ability to travel and work weekends as needed. International travel for longer periods may be required.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Rachel.Buckling@rugby.com.au. Applications close 14 December 2022.