General Manager - Oceania Rugby
General Manager - Oceania Rugby
Australia or New Zealand
ABOUT OCEANIA RUGBY
Oceania Rugby is one of six Regional Associations of World Rugby. It is responsible for representing the interests of its 14 Member Unions and 3 Associate Members to promote the growth of Rugby throughout the Oceania region.
Founded in 2000, Oceania Rugby has a dedicated management team based in Sydney, Australia and numerous staff located across the region. It works closely with the Member Unions on the development and reach of Rugby in the region. Central to this is a series of tournaments that Oceania Rugby manages across the region including the Oceania Super Sevens, Oceania Under 20 Championship and Oceania XVs Championship (Men’s and Women’s). It is also responsible for delivering a growing number of sport for development programs in the region, funded by government agencies and global organisations.
Reporting to the Oceania Rugby Executive Committee, you will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering the strategic, commercial, operational, and financial objectives of Oceania Rugby, consistent with those of World Rugby.
You will provide vision and leadership to rugby in the region and represent Oceania Rugby with distinction as a member of the international rugby community. You will be responsible for representing and enhancing the Oceania Rugby brand in the region as well as on the international stage.
You will provide strong leadership of the organisation and continually reinforce the vision and mission of Oceanic Rugby whilst ensuring that the strategic goals and objectives of the organisation are always achieved.
You will need to build strong relationships with World Rugby leadership, Member Union Chairs and CEOs, and major funding partners to identify and maximise opportunities for Oceania Rugby whilst ensuring that Oceania Rugby is a valued and respected regional association on the world stage.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You will have proven experience working in a senior executive position in sport.
- An inspirational leader who can build and sustain a strong organisational culture.
- Experience in reporting to a Board, also Compliance, Risk Management
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to manage relationships and resolve sensitive and critical issues at a senior level with a variety of stakeholders.
- You will have excellent presentation skills, strong commercial acumen and demonstrate an outstanding ability to build, develop and harness sustainable relationships across diverse stakeholder groups locally, nationally and internationally.
- You will have a dynamic and engaging leadership style, political and cultural maturity, ability to influence and a passion for Rugby Union and / or high-performance sport.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead one of six regional associations of World Rugby and promote the growth of Rugby throughout the Oceania region!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 5.00pm Friday 5th August, 2022
To apply, please e-mail your covering letter and CV to Richard Stenhouse via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.globalelitesports for more information.
Global Elite Sports have been contracted by Oceania Rugby to manage the executive search process for this appointment.