The Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union - The Rebels - are responsible for creating, developing and managing the growth of both amateur and professional Rugby Union in Victoria. We compete in national and international rugby competitions.
We are a Club that values professionalism, commitment, hard work and love for each other.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Partnerships Executive to join our team at the Melbourne Rebels. Reporting to the Partnerships Manager, you will play a pivotal role in defining and executing the long-term strategic goals of our organisation. In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining key relationships with partners and our key corporate partners from our network of Chairman’s Club, Leaders Club, Weary Dunlop Luncheon, Corporate Suite, and other club events. You will assist with the execution of partner servicing (brainstorming, planning and executing our partner’s contractual deliverables and beyond), maintaining relationships with our key suppliers (understanding their timelines and requirements, working with our marketing/content team internally to achieve the best outcome for partners, and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of market conditions.
Commercial Partnerships (75%):
- Effectively maintain the database, sponsorship asset registers, and general administration of the sponsor servicing program.
- Keep an accurate record of various events, approaches, and actions/outcomes.
- Follow the corporate sale budgets and financial process including all invoicing and reconciliation to ensure correct financial reporting.
- Be a key internal link between all service departments, including Membership and Ticketing,
- Marketing and Communication, Events, and On-Field teams.
- Lead the compilation of post-season and post-event reports and de-briefs of all key partners.
Corporate Sales (25%):
- Generate revenue opportunities within corporate markets by researching, acquiring, retaining, and developing new business.
- Achieve agreed individual and team-based annual revenue targets through a diverse range of corporate products including corporate hospitality, club events, and other commercial activities.
- Lead the sales process from canvassing to converting sales opportunities, including match day hospitality, inner sanctum experiences, major club events, and travel packages.
The successful candidate will have the minimum:
- Approximately 1 year experience in a similar role
- Tertiary degree is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in proactively identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Proven ability to meet or exceed KPI's
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong client base and positive business relationships
- Proven ability to develop bespoke partnership proposals to suit partners' needs
- Maximising revenues and optimising sponsorships in a cost-effective manner
- High level of maturity, engagement, networking, presentation, sales and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills, strong resilience and ability to work at home games and work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends and some Public holidays)
- Employee WWCC (must be willing to apply for check if successful)
- Work rights in Australia
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to work some weekends and evenings as part of this employment arrangement.
Why Choose the Melbourne Rebels:
- Fantastic culture of grounded people, passionate about what they do
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Travel Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities
- On-site café
- Free access to the on-site gym at the ICS High Performance Centre
- On-site car parking is available.
- Discounted Rebels memberships and merchandise
- Discounts from our sponsors
We are seeking an immediate start candidate where possible.
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Kate Sullivan at email@example.com
Applications close 25th March 2023 at 5pm