Rehab and Elite Development Squad Physiotherapist
The Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union - The Rebels - are responsible for creating, developing and managing the growth of both amateur and professional Rugby Union in Victoria. We compete in national and international rugby competitions.
We are a Club that values professionalism, commitment, hard work and love for each other.
We are looking for a driven and skilled Rehab and Elite Development Squad Physiotherapist. Reporting to the Head of Medical, you will play a pivotal role by leading the physiotherapy rehabilitation for all long-term injured players and managing the Elite Development Squad players’ physiotherapy requirements. You will also assist with physiotherapy treatment and training preparation for the Melbourne Rebels Super Rugby Team. A key indicator of success in this role is meeting expected timeframes for players’ return to play.
- Plan and implement the rehabilitation for any Melbourne Rebels player with a long term injury alongside the rehab S&C
- Organise the daily scheduling for the long term injured group, accommodating team commitments and in conjunction with the rehab S&C
- Manage communication with rehab players with regards to their daily scheduling
- With the team doctor, coordinate specialist appointments and reviews
- Lead physiotherapy management of Rebels Elite development pathway players and manage communication with the S&C and coach for these players
- Provide game and training coverage of Rebels U19’s campaign
Lead the Athletic Development program throughout the Reds’ Academy (u15-U20s+)
- Design and deliver all elements of athletic performance for the Reds Academy Program
- Work closely with the Reds/RA Performance staff to ensure long term development plans are in place for all players
- Design and implement the reconditioning and return to performance programs
- Provide athletic performance support for the major rugby schools in Queensland
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Ability to create rehab programs from acute injury management through to return to play.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of GPS data and is able to apply this to progress running plans appropriately
- Well-organised and planned
- Manages time and workload appropriately.
- Stays up to date with current relevant research, looks for learning opportunities
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to take on feedback and be flexible with planning when required
- Excellent communication skills with broad range of personnel and personalities
- Approachable and willing to collaborate with all members of the APD team
- Works efficiently and effectively with the team to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to make timely and effective decisions and when to appropriately escalate significant concerns as appropriate
- Seeks help and second opinions when warranted
- Remains professional and discreet at all times
The successful candidate will have the minimum:
- Qualified Physiotherapist
- 5 year of physiotherapy experience
- Previous experience working with elite athletes or in a professional team environment
- Previous experience in creating and implementing long term rehab plans
- Understands the positional demands of rugby
- Employee WWCC (must be willing to apply for check if successful)
- Work rights in Australia
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to work some weekends and evenings as part of this employment arrangement.
Why Choose the Melbourne Rebels:
- Fantastic culture of grounded people, passionate about what they do
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Travel Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities
- On-site café
- Free access to the on-site gym at the ICS High Performance Centre
- On-site car parking is available.
- Discounted Rebels memberships and merchandise
- Discounts from our sponsors
We are seeking an immediate start candidate where possible.
- Sports Medicine / Physio / Allied Health Degree
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Kate O'Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Close: Friday 31 March 2023, 5:00pm