Qantas Wallabies back, Reece Hodge has re-signed with Rugby Australia and the Melbourne Rebels until the end of 2023.
The 39 Test cap Wallaby has committed his immediate future to Australian Rugby in a deal that will take him through to the next Rugby World Cup in France, 2023.
Hodge, a former Australian Schoolboy and Junior Wallabies representative, burst onto the scene with the Rebels in 2016 after impressing for Sydney Shute Shield club, Manly and ultimately capped a dream first season of professional Rugby with his maiden Test cap.
Having debuted against New Zealand in Wellington in 2016, Hodge went on to be a mainstay of the Qantas Wallabies right through until the recent 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan
“I’m extremely happy to secure my future here in Melbourne, with the Rebels and Rugby Australia for the long term,” said Hodge.
“Since arriving in late 2015, the club has been my home and the people around the Rebels have become family.
“Regardless of where we have come from or played previously, the Victorian Rugby community and our loyal fans have always welcomed Rebels players with open arms.
“I look forward to playing my part in ensuring Rugby remains strong in Victoria for years to come.
“I’ve only ever been coached by (Michael) Cheika at International level, so it will definitely have a different feel with Dave Rennie and his new coaching staff coming on board and I’m really excited about the future.”
Rugby Australia, Director of Rugby, Scott Johnson said: “Reece is a talented young player and we’re really happy to have him locked in for the next four years.
“He is capable of playing across almost every position in the backline, has some speed and a strong skillset. He is a world class goal kicker that can be a quality asset for the Wallabies for years to come.
“He’s had great experience already with the Wallabies and has an opportunity to build on that and set his sights on the next World Cup.”
The Melbourne Rebels kick off the Vodafone Super Rugby season in Japan against the Sunwolves on February 1.