Melbourne Rebels scrumhalf James Tuttle has been named to lead Australia A in their final match against the Japan XV in Osaka on Friday night.
He will wear the number nine jersey and partner NSW playmaker Ben Donaldson who will start at flyhalf for the second time during the three game series.
Twenty-Test capped Wallaby Tom Banks will start at fullback after making a successful return to the field last weekend via the bench from a broken arm. He'll join NSW Waratahs excitement machine Mark Nawaqanitawase and flyer Suliasi Vunivalu in the back three.
An all-International front row sees Tom Robertson pack down at loosehead with hooker Lachlan Lonergan returning the side and Pone Fa'amausili the tighthead prop.
The versatile Ned Hanigan shifts in the second row alongside Queensland favourite Ryan Smith.
A re-jigged backrow sees Rory Scott earn his first start of the tour at blindside flanker, with Brad Wilkin maintaining a hold on the number seven jersey. Seru Uru is another who starts for the first time in Japan, anchoring the scrum at number eight.
Coach Jason Gilmore has also selected a new midfield pairing with fresh Force recruit Hamish Stewart and his former Queensland teammate Isaac Henry named at inside and outside centre respectively.
Brumbies youngster Billy Pollard shifts back to the bench as the reserve hooker with Richie Asiata filling the unfamiliar role of the finishing loosehead prop. NSW's Archer Holz is the replacement tighthead.
Wallabies lock Cadeyrn Neville moves to a finishing role with Perth's Ollie Callan recalled to the 23 for Friday's match.
After captaining the side in the first two games, Ryan Lonergan has been named to inject some energy as the reserve scrumhalf, with last weekend's match winner Tane Edmed set to get some game time as the replacement playmaker. His club teammate Dylan Pietsch will cover the remaining backs and rounds out the matchday 23.
The Australia A tour of Japan will be streamed live and available on demand on Stan Sport.
Australia A team to play Japan XV at Yodoko Sakura Stadium in Osaka on Friday 14 October, 6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT
- Tom Robertson (Western Force)
- Lachlan Lonergan (ACT Brumbies)
- Pone Fa'amausili (Melbourne Rebels)
- Ned Hanigan (NSW Waratahs)
- Ryan Smith (Queensland Reds)
- Rory Scott (ACT Brumbies)
- Brad Wilkin (Melbourne Rebels)
- Seru Uru (Queensland Reds)
- James Tuttle (c) (Melbourne Rebels)
- Ben Donaldson (NSW Waratahs)
- Mark Nawaqanitawase (NSW Waratahs)
- Hamish Stewart (Western Force)
- Isaac Henry (Queensland Reds)
- Suliasi Vunivalu (Queensland Reds)
- Tom Banks (ACT Brumbies) Replacements
- Billy Pollard (ACT Brumbies)
- Richie Asiata (Queensland Reds)
- Archer Holz (NSW Waratahs)
- Cadeyrn Neville (ACT Brumbies)
- Ollie Callan (Western Force)
- Ryan Lonergan (ACT Brumbies)
- Tane Edmed (NSW Waratahs)
- Dylan Pietsch (NSW Waratahs)
Australia A vs Japan XV Tour
Australia A 34 defeated Japan XV 22 Saturday, October 1, at Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium in Tokyo
Australia A 22 defeated Japan XV 21 - Saturday, October 8, at Best Denki Stadium in Fukuoka
Friday, October 14, at Yodoko Sakura Stadium in Osaka