Broadcast Coordinator – Rugby Australia Moore Park
Rugby Australia, Moore Park
Rugby Australia (Rugby AU), the governing body of Rugby Union in Australia, is looking for an experienced Broadcast Coordinator. Reporting to the Broadcast Manager, the role will assist in the delivery of the broadcast/streaming productions overseen by Rugby AU including Shute Shield, Queensland Premier Rugby, Super W, and other national competitions.
They will also support the broadcast partners and other stakeholders at a Super Rugby and International level (Wallabies, Wallaroos and 7s) to meet their production requirements.
They will develop the Rugby AUs digital archive including digitization, ingestion, metadata management and distribution of assets as required.
As part of the MarComms Department there will be times they need to provide additional support across the broader team.
Club Rugby & Streaming
- Work with the Broadcast Partner/s and Competition Managers on their production requirements and manage these projects.
- Assist the streaming service provider/s for the Shute Shield, Hospital Cup and other competitions providing the relevant documentation, facilities, and content requests.
- Quality control of all Rugby AU live streams to meet the standards of the broadcast partners and/or Rugby AU platforms.
- Manage the commentary and infrastructure bookings plus other match day requirements.
- Provide relevant information and stats to the commentary team.
- Work with the broadcast partner/s and Rugby AU on promotional opportunities.
- Facilitate the delivery of content to relevant stakeholders and platforms.
- Identify areas to improve and innovate both productions and processes.
- Assist in the distribution of product information to the Broadcasters and internal Rugby AU stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate with the clubs/teams on their broadcast integrations and requirements.
- Manage feedback of key events and weekly issues for internal and external partners.
- Be responsible for content requests.
- Manage quality control of Rugby AU’s Archive to ensure highest possible file formats for entire catalogue.
- Manage relationship and delivery of assets from third parties (including Preferred Media, Inverleigh and IMG) Improving information in current catalogue, identifying gaps and sourcing assets to complete Archive.
- Manage Rugby AUs digital archive including digitisation, ingestion, metadata management and distribution of assets as required.
- Point person for digitisation of archive.
- Process and manage travel, invoicing, and expenses.
- Keep up to date with the latest news and trends within the sports industry, general business, and the economy with particular attention to our Broadcasters and their competitors.
- Contribute to the overall success of the MarComms & Broadcast team by striving to achieve KPIs and objectives set by Rugby AU’s Strategic Plan.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- A relevant tertiary education.
- Proficiency Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of broadcast production streaming and content delivery.
- File format/Frame Rate/ Bit Rate knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of Rugby Union.
- Video editing skills.
- Database knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Willingness to learn through working with others and challenging self to develop.
- Broadcast/Streaming production experience and project management experience.
After hours and weekend work, and interstate travel work may be required.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Rachel.Buckling@rugby.com.au. Applications close Tuesday, 21st June 2022.