Data Engineer - Rugby Analytics
Data Engineer – Rugby Analytics
Moore Park, Sydney NSW
Rugby Australia (Rugby AU), the governing body of Rugby Union in Australia, is looking for an experienced Data Engineer – Rugby Analytics.
Working in Data Analytics with the Rugby AU Technology Department, this role will develop, construct, test and maintain Rugby AU’s data analytics architecture and various integration points, identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality and acquire new data sets to augment Rugby AU’s analytics capabilities.
The successful candidate will also develop and deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods, bring expertise, vision, and opinion on best solutions for solving complex business needs.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Manage the data pipeline and ETL workflows between Rugby AU’s systems and its data warehouse which enables our analytics offering across the game.
- Deliver all software changes according to the software development standards used by Rugby AU. This includes, but is not limited to, software development, documentation, and testing.
- Identify and communicate technical risks to projects and identify the appropriate time to escalate technical problems to management.
- Proactively communicates and update stakeholders with progress against agreed objectives.
- Work effectively in a team environment, providing support to other team members.
- Actively engage in the development processes used by the team including estimating, stand-ups, retrospectives, showcasing, and sprint planning
- Be willing to help other team members at any time, with the intent of ensuring that the team meets their overall goals and objectives.
- Provide appropriate and timely updates and opinions to the rest of the team in a manner that is critically constructive.
- Provide estimates for all development requests and show ownership and responsibility for meeting those estimates to the best of both their ability and the constraints of the current situation.
To be successful, you will need to have:
Degree in Technology related subject.
Minimum 2-3 years development experience using the following:
- NET Core (C#)
- Visual Studio/VS Code
- AWS Services
- Step functions
- Bit Bucket (or other Git based source control)
- Mongo DB Atlas
- Passion & Drive
- Team Commitment
- Results Focus
- Relationship building
- Time Management
- Attention to detail
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Linux & Windows development and production environments
- Node JS
- Next JS
- Meteor JS
- Graph QL/Apollo
- Agile development process.
- Google Analytics
- REST APIs
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to think, plan and mobilise to act strategically
- Ability to initiate, monitor and review projects and activities in line with Organisational plans
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal ability to develop & deliver support.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Rachel.Buckling@rugby.com.au.
Applications close 7th January 2022.