Fan Data Manager
Fan Data Manager
Moore Park, Sydney NSW
Rugby Australia (Rugby AU), the governing body of Rugby Union in Australia, is looking for a Fan Data Manager to lead research and insights analysis for the business, primarily based on audience and fan data, to apply data to marketing and commercial strategy. Using data, this role provides critical insights and supports decision making within the business through the effective use of research and analytics. The core KPI will be to lead new audience growth.
- Lead marketing campaign analytics including data selections, campaign segmentation, pre- and post-campaign analysis
- Oversee Customer Insights encompassing customer behavioral analyses, customer segmentation, behavioral attributes, marketing effectiveness and measurement as well as qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Analyze the performance of current marketing campaigns to identify opportunities of development across products, channels, and several demographics
- Leverage data and insights in the development of marketing plans · Provide critical insights and support decision making within the Marketing & Content Department through the effective use of research and analytics
- Establish and manage the relationship with external researchers · Assess the effectiveness of current market research activities
- Develop and continually evaluate the data capture tools and reporting of data
- Keep abreast of publicly available market and consumer research.
- Proactively drive a data informed culture, with ability to engage and train stakeholders in the benefits of sound data management principles and the advantages data informed decision making.
- Design database, connect data points, mine data, ensure integrity
- Use Tableau to design, develop, publish, and maintain quality reports, visualizations, and dashboards as per requirements to facilitate easy access to actionable insight.
- Ability to clean, transform, analyse, and manipulate datasets to be able derive insights and present engaging visualisations
- Design and build a ‘single view’ of the customer through all social, digital and customer service touchpoints
- Link social accounts to Crowd Tangle / other web and social listening tools.
- Evaluate and provide strategic marketing recommendations.
- Campaign and content performance metrics
- Paid media effectiveness measurement
- Television data and ratings tracking
- Drive revenue through content channel management
- Measure / pivot paid media effectiveness
- Reporting on KPIs to pivot strategy
- Manage post media plan / contra reports and distribution
- Provide data insights on Customer Databases to condition EDM / Customer Comms at prime times
- Measure and report on web traffic data including organic / SEO / paid traffic.
= Evaluate and provide strategic marketing recommendations.
Data Quality Management
Responsible for ensuring data integrity held within the CRM and other systems that manage or hold our consumer data or introduced to the CRM via external sources such as ticketing agents or data capture initiatives undertaken by Rugby AU or Super Rugby franchises.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with excellent academic grades
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Team player
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel, SQL, and Microsoft PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in using Tableau for reporting and visualizations and Tableau Desktop Certified Associate would be desirable
- Alteryx or other data manipulation tools
- Strong time management and a demonstrated ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to challenge and question the norm, and show initiative
- Confidence to offer insights to help drive the business forward
- Able to present ideas and arguments to Exec Management and/or Board
- Ability to combine and analyse a variety of data from different sources to deliver clear fact-based selling stories to cross functional teams, to meet core business data and analysis needs.
- High level communication skills, both oral and written and excellent presentation skills.
- High level numeracy.
- The ability to develop strategic relationships.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Rachel.Buckling@rugby.com.au. Applications close Wednesday, 8th June 2022.