Codes and Policies
Ensuring that all participants feel included and safe in Rugby is crucial and the Rugby Australia Member Protection Policy aims to do this.
Rugby Australia aims to ensure all participants are treated with respect and dignity and that they are provided with a safe and enjoyable environment in which to play or to otherwise be involved in rugby.
The Rugby Australia Member Protection Policy outlines our commitment to eliminate discrimination, harassment, harm or risk of harm.
The Member Protection Policy and the Rugby Australia Code of Conduct are both in place to provide a safe, fair and inclusive Rugby environment however have different ways of dealing with matters.
To read more about the key differences between the Member Protection Policy and the Code of Conduct click here.
Each club has identified a person or persons to be the first point of contact to raise concerns or issues under the Member Protection Policy. These contact people are known as Member Protection Contacts. For more information on Member Protection Contacts Click Here.
Depending on which state you play rugby in, here are the links to each Union's relevant web-page.
- NSW - MPIO Kerry Brady, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland - MPIO Gaven Head, Gaven.Head@redsrugby.com.au
- ACT - MPIO Mathew Vowles, email@example.com
- Victoria - MPIO Chris Evans, Chris.Evans@rugbyvic.com.au
- Western Australia - MPIO Justin Shakeshaft, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Territory - MPIO Shane Sullivan, email@example.com
- South Australia - MPIO Rose Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tasmania - MPIO Ebony Altimira, email@example.com