What is Rugby 7s?
Rugby Sevens is fast, fun and furious.
There are just seven players on a field and there are two seven-minute halves.
Rugby Sevens is a full-contact sport however there are rules and regulations in place to keep players protected.
Rugby Australia has developed pathways for players to help them progress to the highest possible level.
The Australian Sevens teams are the highest ranked team who play all around the world including at the Olympic and Commonwealth Games.
About Club Rugby 7s
With Sevens being one of the fastest growing sports in the world, there are more and more clubs offering the game right around the country.
The starting age is five years old and there is no maximum age limit!
The three main age groups are juniors (U6-U12), youths (U13-18) and seniors (U19 and above).
Sevens is run all year round with most tournament kicking off during the summer.
Register for Club Rugby 7s
- Download the Rugby Xplorer app (available on Google Play or App Store)
- Sign-up or login using your email or MyRugby ID account.
- If found, click 'Email me a magic link'. You will then receive an email with a link to create a new password. Enter the new password and proceed to ‘Sign in manually’.
- If not found, follow the prompts to create an account and login.
- Select 'More' on the navigation menu and then select 'Register'.
- Tick the person you would like to register and click 'Continue'.
- Search for a club through entering the 'Club name' or your 'postcode'. Select your chosen club and click 'Next'.
- Enter your personal details and follow the payment prompts.
School Rugby 7s
Rugby Sevens is run at hundreds of schools across the country.
The divisions are divided into age groups.
Most schools train once or twice a week with games played on Saturdays.
Pre-season starts between January and February with the season usually kicking off in March and wraps up around September.
If you’re interested in running Rugby Sevens at your school please get in touch with your local Member Union.
Our FAQs provide lots of information for participants, club and competition admins.