Rugby Australia supports charities and rugby affiliated organisations through many forms of donations.
Rugby Australia supports charities* and rugby affiliated organisations through the donation of signed memorabilia in the following priority order.
First Priority Rugby Australia will support those within the rugby community who are in greatest need through injury or hardship.
Second Priority Rugby Australia will support activities which provide direct assistance to the rugby community. Such assistance is prioritised according to the nature and type of request.
Third Priority Rugby Australia will support general community requests outside the above priorities relating to national or state charities, previous assistance received and/or type of request.
*Only one charity activity per club, school or charity per year is permitted and will be granted on a rotational basis.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Bi-partisan (non-political).
- Not involved in any controversial activities likely to expose Rugby Australia to criticism.
- Involved in activities aligned with the objectives of Rugby Australia.
- An affiliation with the organisation, e.g. a major stakeholder or sport/business partner.
- Donation helps to improve health and wellbeing in the community through encouraging activity, exercise and healthy lifestyles, and by the provision of education, resources, support and encouragement.
- Donation helps young people build purposeful lives by providing direction, support, ambition, opportunity and positive role models.
- Donation supports Rugby development at the grassroots level.
Exclusions and Reminders
- Requests for signed items for individuals is not permitted.
- Rugby Australia will not support events for religious causes.
- Only one charity activity per club, school or charity per year is permitted and will be granted on a rotational basis.
- Rugby Australia will not accept requests from international organisations.
- Rugby Australia do not provide monetary donations to any clubs or charity organisations with the exception of their National Charity Partner.
- Rugby Australia do not accept player appearance requests for club or charity events with the exception of their National Charity Partner.
- Rugby Australia do not provide test match ticket donations for club or charity organisations.